Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I finished this Dolly Mixture Waistcoat (Does anyone know the name of the creator of this pattern?) on Valentine's Day, though my goal had been Thanksgiving, and while the knitting journey was exhilarating, I'm glad it's over. The many-inched (in length) band that runs around the edge of the vest, done in moss stitch on size one needles, was particularly long in the making, but fortunately I had the Olympics (involved enough in my knitting to sort of avoid the silly media hype and Bob Costas) and a poetry reading (a good one) to get me through. This vest immediately went from my knitting needles and yarn needle to Aidan, who after putting it on then said with a level of sincerity that only comes forth when she is truly pleased with something, "Thank you, thank you for knitting this for me." This made/makes it all worth it--and the fact that she wears it at least once a week without my threatening to give the vest away to a little girl who will actually wear the darn thing.

Of course I had to include some photos of the final project and the owner of the final project.

last of the vest

vest in color

back of the vest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home